For many that first trip to the shooting range can be intimidating. This short video is a great introduction to firearms safety rules and etiquette at the range and for the experienced shooter, a great reminder. Click on the link to watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvFyw-6Fqs
Upcoming Events / Announcements:
Find us on Facebook York and Adams Game and Fish Association
- Vintage side by side shotgun shoot. July 18, 2015. See the attached bulletin for details under the trap and skeet tab and clicking on the image attachment at the bottom of the list.
- Update: We are postponing the derby due to the rain coming till July 11th. See you there. We are having a fishing tournament! June 27th, Saturday at 7:00 am til 11:00 am. The entrance fee is $5 and half of the intake of the money will be given as the grand prize. The total weight of all the fish caught will be what is judged. This tournament is a way of measuring the pond's health and population. All fish will be released except for the trout which can be taken. Members only please. The fish pond captain would like your help in surveying the pond to establish a benchmark of it's health and populations of fish. Chris Naill, the pond captain, is forming a committee. If you would give your input and manpower, please contact him at email@example.com.
- Update: 95 kids participated on a beautiful Saturday morning. Thanks to Joyce and her committee of a great event. Kid's Fish Day is April 18, 2015. Sign up starts at 7:00am and fishing starts at 8:00am. Lunch will be provided for the kids. Prizes and awards will be given out starting at 11:00 am. Donations are always welcome before and during the event to help offset the cost of trout stocking. Please accompany your child and assist in their success but please refrain from fishing yourself. This event is for the youth only.
- Please read: The upper entrance to the outdoor rifle range will be closed due to the blind corner leading into it. Please only use the main entrance and loop around to the rifle range parking lot.
- The 2015 Hunter's and Trapper's Safety Course is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2015. Get instructions and information in the hunters safety tab to the left.
- Tractor for sale: 1981 Ford 1700 2WD compact tractor w/ 2900 hours. 25 hp from a Japanese Shibaura diesel, runs strong, 3 point hitch, average turf tires, rear PTO. $5000.
- The Central Pa Skeet League Schedule 2014-2015 is now posted in the Trap and Skeet section of the website.
- The York and Adams Winter League schedule 2014-2015 is now posted in the Trap and Skeet section of the website.
- Annual membership dues must be paid by April 1st. You can either mail your dues in OR they also be paid at the Skeet & Trap building every Wednesday in March from 9 AM to 12 Noon. (See our membership page for dues amount and mailing address.)
- The 5th Annual Steve Milcoff Memorial Invitational Indoor Shoot will be held January 16-18 2015 at the Archery building. See the flyer under the Archery Tab to the left. (please see the results posted in the archery section).
Welcome to the York - Adams Game and Fish Association website. We are located in Abbottstown, PA which is on the border of York and Adams counties. We have a number of facilities including indoor and outdoor archery ranges, skeet and trap fields, dog training area, stocked fish pond, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, and an indoor rimfire range.
History & Purpose
The York - Adams Game & Fish Association has been helping to ensure your constitutional right to keep and bear arms, by providing a place to shoot, since 1933.
This is the direct result of countless hours of dedication from many members, both past and present.
This following letter was composed by Joe Bollinger on May 1995 documenting the founding of our club...
"During the winter of 1932-1933 five or six fellows started shooting .22 caliber rifles on the second floor of "Sneeze" Shaeffer's tin shop just Centennial Ave at Boundary Ave.
My recollection is that they were Earl Bittinger, Archie Chronister, Joe Bollinger, Eston (Red) Krug, "Sneeze" Shaeffer and likely Stan Mummert.
Sometime in 1933, the Hanover Game and Gaming Club was organized with the above mentioned men and about 20 additional fellows.
On March 14, 1938, the club was Incorporated as the York and Adams County Game and Fish Association, Inc. The incorporators were; Joe Bollinger, Dean Zartman, Dr. Stephen Naylor, Henry Dubs, Millard Adams, Myrl Crawford, William Snyder, Herbert Sterner, Stanford Mummert and B.C. Harget. There seems to be no record of who the organized officers were.
On November 25, 1942, the present club grounds were bought consisting of 75 acres and 132 perches (no buildings, except part of the barn wall) from the Fred Land Bank of Baltimore for $2500 with $899.96 paid in cash and the balance of $1600.04 by a mortgage on the land."