Upcoming Events / Announcements:
- Please read: The upper entrance to the outdoor rifle range will be closed due to the blind corner leading into it. Please only use the main entrance and loop around to the rifle range parking lot.
- NEW YEARS DAY> SKEET AND TRAP WILL BE OPEN FROM 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Tractor for sale: 1981 Ford 1700 2WD compact tractor w/ 2900 hours. 25 hp from a Japanese Shibaura diesel, runs strong, 3 point hitch, average turf tires, rear PTO. $5000. Check out the listing: http://york.craigslist.org/grd/4682706485.html
- The Central Pa Skeet League Schedule is now posted in the Trap and Skeet section of the website.
- The York and Adams Winter League schedule is now posted in the Trap and Skeet section of the website.
- Update: The May 17th Adams County Young Conservatives Shoot was a huge success. The Fish and Game hosted about 30 kids along with Congressman Perry for some introductory clay shooting. Thanks to Tom Gary, Jim Warehime, Dan Frantz and John Stough for sharing their experience with these young people. Check out our facebook page for some great pictures.
- Annual membership dues must be paid by April 1st. You can either mail your dues in OR they also be paid at the Skeet & Trap building every Wednesday in March from 9 AM to 12 Noon. (See our membership page for dues amount and mailing address.)
Welcome to the York - Adams Game and Fish Association website. We are located in Abbottstown, PA which is on the border of York and Adams counties. We have a number of facilities including indoor and outdoor archery ranges, skeet and trap fields, dog training area, stocked fish pond, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, and an indoor rimfire range.
History & Purpose
The York - Adams Game & Fish Association has been helping to ensure your constitutional right to keep and bear arms, by providing a place to shoot, since 1933.
This is the direct result of countless hours of dedication from many members, both past and present.
This following letter was composed by Joe Bollinger on May 1995 documenting the founding of our club...
"During the winter of 1932-1933 five or six fellows started shooting .22 caliber rifles on the second floor of "Sneeze" Shaeffer's tin shop just Centennial Ave at Boundary Ave.
My recollection is that they were Earl Bittinger, Archie Chronister, Joe Bollinger, Eston (Red) Krug, "Sneeze" Shaeffer and likely Stan Mummert.
Sometime in 1933, the Hanover Game and Gaming Club was organized with the above mentioned men and about 20 additional fellows.
On March 14, 1938, the club was Incorporated as the York and Adams County Game and Fish Association, Inc. The incorporators were; Joe Bollinger, Dean Zartman, Dr. Stephen Naylor, Henry Dubs, Millard Adams, Myrl Crawford, William Snyder, Herbert Sterner, Stanford Mummert and B.C. Harget. There seems to be no record of who the organized officers were.
On November 25, 1942, the present club grounds were bought consisting of 75 acres and 132 perches (no buildings, except part of the barn wall) from the Fred Land Bank of Baltimore for $2500 with $899.96 paid in cash and the balance of $1600.04 by a mortgage on the land."