For many, that first trip to the shooting range can be intimidating. This short video is a great introduction to firearms safety rules and etiquette at the range and for the experienced shooter, a great reminder. Click on the link to watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvFyw-6Fqs
Upcoming Events / Announcements:
- SOUTH CENTRAL OUTDOORS FOR YOUTH is hosting a fantastic event at our club on June 3, 2017. Preregistration at the website before may 15, 2017. https://adamscountysoy.org/
- The 2017 Hunter's and Trapper's Safety Course is scheduled for Saturday, June 10, 2017. Get instructions and information in the hunters safety tab to the left.
- Each year the club holds an, open to the public, kids fishing derby. The event is open to children ages 0 - 15. The event will be held on 04/08/2017. RAIN or SHINE Registration starts at 7:00 am. with fishing starting at 8:00 am. And lasting until 11:00 am. Once fishing is completed we will have an awards ceremony consisting of prizes for the following age groups.Largest amount of total Inches:
- 0-3 - Prize & Award Certificate
- 4-6 - Prize & Award Certificate
- 7-9 - Prize & Award Certificate
- 10-12 - Prize & Award Certificate
- 13-15 - Prize & Award Certificate
- Additional prize for largest single fish - Prize& Award Certificate..And one door prize drawing for remaining children that did not previously win a prize.
- We would appreciate donations to help offset costs for Purchasing stocked Trout
- Food and Drinks - Doughnuts and coffee for the am. and hotdog and soda lunch for all attendees
- Archery leagues forming now. Check the archery tab to the left for the flyer.
- Please donate to the Kid's Fish Day here.
- Please see the membership tab for some important information on revisions to our membership categories. We have added a family and a collegiate category.
- Vintage side by side shotgun shoot. July 16, 2016. See the attached bulletin for details under the trap and skeet tab and clicking on the image attachment at the bottom of the list.
- Tractor for sale: 1981 Ford 1700 2WD compact tractor w/ 2900 hours. 25 hp from a Japanese Shibaura diesel, runs strong, 3 point hitch, average turf tires, rear PTO. $3500.
- Annual membership dues must be paid by April 1st.
Welcome to the York - Adams Game and Fish Association website. We are located in Abbottstown, PA which is on the border of York and Adams counties. We have a number of facilities including indoor and outdoor archery ranges, skeet and trap fields, dog training area, stocked fish pond, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, and an indoor rimfire range.
History & Purpose
The York - Adams Game & Fish Association has been helping to ensure your constitutional right to keep and bear arms, by providing a place to shoot, since 1933.
This is the direct result of countless hours of dedication from many members, both past and present.
This following letter was composed by Joe Bollinger on May 1995 documenting the founding of our club...
"During the winter of 1932-1933 five or six fellows started shooting .22 caliber rifles on the second floor of "Sneeze" Shaeffer's tin shop just Centennial Ave at Boundary Ave.
My recollection is that they were Earl Bittinger, Archie Chronister, Joe Bollinger, Eston (Red) Krug, "Sneeze" Shaeffer and likely Stan Mummert.
Sometime in 1933, the Hanover Game and Gaming Club was organized with the above mentioned men and about 20 additional fellows.
On March 14, 1938, the club was Incorporated as the York and Adams County Game and Fish Association, Inc. The incorporators were; Joe Bollinger, Dean Zartman, Dr. Stephen Naylor, Henry Dubs, Millard Adams, Myrl Crawford, William Snyder, Herbert Sterner, Stanford Mummert and B.C. Harget. There seems to be no record of who the organized officers were.
On November 25, 1942, the present club grounds were bought consisting of 75 acres and 132 perches (no buildings, except part of the barn wall) from the Fred Land Bank of Baltimore for $2500 with $899.96 paid in cash and the balance of $1600.04 by a mortgage on the land."